Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments – and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time.
This programme is directed at learners who are working on project teams or who are project team leaders. It covers teamwork as well as project planning, risk, quality management, creative action and budgeting.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Understand what is meant by a project.
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Have a better ability to sell ideas and make presentations.
- Know simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project.
- Have methods for keeping the team focused and motivated
The Program is divided into four distinct modules:
- Understanding Project Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Intermediate Project Management
- Advanced Project Management
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Part time
- Brooklyn City College Short Programme*
*Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing.
The programme duration is 6 Months and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Brooklyn campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered 08:00- 12:00 on Saturdays.
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 12 or
- It is highly recommended that learners must have successfully completed the Short Programme in Fundamentals of Project Management before enrolling for this programme (Refer to the Articulation Options above).
- A basic understanding of the workplace, project processes and operations and competence in National Certificate at Level 4 in Business Administration or Project Support Services or equivalent is preferable.
There are no additional costs payable for this programme.
All books are included in the tuition fee.
An integrated assessment approach, using both formative and summative methods of assessments, is used. Learners must be prepared to allocate additional time every week to complete research projects, assignments, tasks or tests as required.
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Brooklyn Short Programme Certificate in Advanced Project Management.
*A Brooklyn Short Programme is a programme offered by Brooklyn and quality assured by the Brooklyn Academic Board
|DURATION||REGISTRATION FEE||MONTHLY FEE||TOTAL|
|6 Months||R 500||R 900||R 5 900|