This programme will introduce the learner to the powerful features of an electronic office. It is designed for learners with some knowledge of computers who wish to learn about the fundamental aspects of the popular Microsoft Office standard software packages: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The Brooklyn programme in Fundamentals of Microsoft Office is designed for learners working in a Windows environment or those who have completed the Computer Skills for Windows and Office programme, wanting to acquire additional PC skills.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- Office Administrator
- Help Desk Support Administrator
- Project Administrator
PROGRAMME OUTLINE PART 1: MS WINDOWS LEVEL 1
• Creating documents in Windows
• Organising files
• Communicating with Windows Messenger
• Creating an efficient work environment
• Researching and using Windows Media Player
• Cleaning up your system
• Finding information on the Internet
PART 2: MS WORD LEVEL 1
• The MS Word environment: help, save, enter text, review document, print
• Editing documents
• Formatting: text, paragraphs
• Adding tables
• Inserting graphics
• Page appearance
PART 3: MS EXCEL LEVEL 1
• An overview of Excel
• Modifying a worksheet
• Performing calculations
• Formatting a worksheet
• Developing a worksheet
• Developing a workbook
• Printing a workbook’s contents
• Customising layout
PART 4: MS POWERPOINT LEVEL 1
• Creating a custom designed template
• Adding organisational charts and diagrams
• Adding special effects
• Creating an Internet presentation
• Collaborating in PowerPoint
• Setting password protection
• Delivering a presentation
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Part Time
- Brooklyn Short Programme*
Short programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing.
The programme duration is 3 months and tuition is face-to-face. Each Brooklyn city campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered on Saturdays.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
All textbooks are included in the tuition fees.
There are no additional costs payable for this programme.
Formative and summative assessments will assess all specific outcomes and adhere to all assessment criteria of the learning programme.
On successful completion, the learner will receive the Brooklyn Short Programme in Fundamentals of Microsoft Office Certificate.
*A Brooklyn Short Programme is a programme offered by Brooklyn and quality assured by the Brooklyn Academic Board
|DURATION||REGISTRATION FEE||MONTHLY FEE||TOTAL|
|3 Months||R 500||R 800||R 2 900|